The Zion Christian Nursery School is a church sponsored Nursery School and serves as an outreach to the community. The program is designed to be developmentally appropriate for children while also providing the academics they will need for the future. The staff will help the child develop a sense of self-worth, an appreciation and respect of the uniqueness of others, and give the child the foundation needed for learning. Children come together in an atmosphere of acceptance and caring, which encourages sharing, creativity, and respect for themselves and others.
How Can We Help?
We would love to answer any questions you may have or schedule a tour of our facility!
Goals and Objectives
These goals are incorporated into our lesson plans:
With God at our center and parents as our partners, we will nurture the total child emotionally, physically, and spiritually!
Our Daily Schedule
- Students Arrive – We begin with free play at our centers – blocks, dress-up, manipulatives, puzzles – and have fun with our friends.
- Circle Time – We discuss our day’s activities and learn about the weather, the calendar, and how to take turns with the teacher and friends.
- Small Group Time – We divide into smaller groups for creative arts and learning activities. This may include music and movement, math and science games, or a literacy project.
- Snack Time – Following reciting our table grace, we enjoy a snack brought from home.
- Story Time – Reading with our teachers and our friends.
- Gross Motor or Outside Play – We play on the playground (even in the snow!) or do group games or have an obstacle course inside. Moving is fun!
- Dismissal – Our day went by so quickly!