Lenten Midweek – Tomorrow (Wednesday, April 1st) 6:30 – 7:00 pm.
Tomorrow, a few minutes PRIOR to 6:30PM as it might take a little while to download. Below is link to the bulletin, a reading, and some questions.
Zion Lutheran Lenten Series
Lent 2020 “By Faith”
Week 5: Jesus, the Perfecter of Our Faith
The bulletin is attached – CLICK HERE
The reading is Hebrews 12:1-2
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.
Questions to consider:
- Explain the phrase “we have so great a cloud of witnesses.” Who are they? Are they watching us?
- What impression do you have of the word “entangle?”
- How does sin slow us down?
- What is the race that we are in? What does it mean that this race is “set before us?”
- What kind of race needs endurance?
- How can we fix our eyes on Jesus?
- What do you think was the joy that was set before Him?
Pastor Jeffrey Stalley
Zion Lutheran Church
531 Woodruff Street
Southington CT 06489