Here is what we would have done if we gathered for the Lenten Midweek.I’m exploring the possibility of doing a video conference bible study if the need to social distance continues.
Any feedback is always appreciated!
Lent 2020″By Faith”
Week 3 The Faith of Moses
For the bulletin – CLICK HERE
The reading is Hebrews 11:1, 23-28
1Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
23By faith Moses was hidden by his parents for three months after his birth, because they saw that the child was beautiful; and they were not afraid of the king’s edict. 24By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called a son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25choosing rather to share ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26He considered abuse suffered for the Christ to be greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to the reward. 27By faith he left Egypt, unafraid of the king’s anger; for he persevered as though he saw him who is invisible. 28By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.
The story of Moses is long but you can CLICK HERE for some bullet points about Moses.
- What were some of the ups and downs in Moses’ life? What are some of the ups and downs in your life?
- How was Moses “normal”? Meaning just like us. What are the ways that you are “normal”?
- What are the ways that Moses was extraordinary? What are the ways that you are extraordinary?
- How does God work because of us and despite us?
- By faith, Moses chose the hard path to follow God’s call. How does our faith, affect the choices we make.
Pastor Jeffrey Stalley
Zion Lutheran Church
531 Woodruff Street
Southington CT 06489